By Greg Olwell
Taking its name from the Italian word for “the lightest,” Cremonese case maker Musafia has introduced the Lievissima violin case, and true to the model’s name, it’s the boutique maker’s lightest case yet.
With weight as a focus, the Lievissima is also Musafia’s minimalist model, with the basic dart-shaped model weighing 4.2 pounds for the case with a six-layer high-pressure wood-laminate shell, dark brown microfiber interior with accessory box, and exterior case cover with optional large pocket.
As with all of the custom-case maker’s products, there are many options available for personalizing the Lievissima, including hydrometer, string tube, and padded straps.
- Violin case made with laminated-wood shell, microfiber interior, and case cover
- Full suspension, SoftTouch bow holders, accessory box, shoulder rest holder
- Available in oblong- or dart-shapes
- 4.2 lbs for the dart-shaped case,
- 4.6 lbs for the oblong-shaped case
- $639 (MSRP)